Hayward Above Ground Pool Pumps
Those who have above ground pools at their homes need to be sure they have a quality pump that can properly circulate the water through the filtration system. Pool water that doesn’t get filtered on a regular basis is going to develop algae and get dirty very quickly, which nobody will want to swim in. Algae can also cause some serious problems for an above ground pool because it will latch onto the sides and become difficult to remove. This is why a smart pool owner will ensure they have a quality pump to take care of their investment.
Some of the most popular pumps on the market are Hayward pool pumps. This company is known for producing some of the best pumps available because they are durable and last for a long time. It’s important to check out some Hayward above ground pool pump reviews if you are looking for the right one for you. Here are some of the best choices for Hayward above ground pool pumps, including an overview of their features.
Hayward SP1580X15TL Power-Flo LX Series
This pump is popular because it is 1.5 horsepower and comes with a convenient twist-lock, which makes it easy to provide maintenance for the pump. It also has some other features that make it a quality pump.
- A corrosion-proof housing that prevents bad weather from damaging the internal components. It’s very durable and will not allow water to get inside of it.
- A heat-resistant double-sized seal that extends the life of the motor for much longer than similar ones. It’s also completely drip proof; the seal is tight and doesn’t allow water to get through, even when it has been heated from the pump for long periods of time.
- An impeller that’s high-performance and much more reliable than similarly priced pumps.
- A drain plug that makes it easy to maintain the pump and keep its internal components cleaned.
- So someone can see when the basket needs to be cleaned, the cover of the pump is clear.
Hayward SP15932S Power-Flo Matrix 2-Speed Above Ground Pump
Many people choose this pump because it’s powerful enough to handle any size above ground pool and also many in-ground pools as well. This is convenient because some people have both pools at home–one they use for the adults and one they designate for younger children. This pump also has some extra features that many people appreciate.
- An industrial sized basket that can collect a lot of debris before it needs to be cleaned. This allows the pool owner to maintain the pump less frequently, for convenience.
- Can easily convert from horizontal to vertical discharge orientation, depending on the pool it’s currently attached to. Makes it much easier to clean the filter.
- A protected rear-mounted switch that’s energy-efficient and easy to operate.
- A high-performance motor with automatic thermal overload protection so it can be used for years without worry. Very heavy-duty and perfect for those with large above ground pools.
Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series
This is a high-powered pump with attached strainer that’s perfect for above ground pools. It’s similar to the TL version, except that it has a larger debris basket that allows for longer time between cleanings.
- 118 cubic inch debris basket that allows for extended time between cleaning.
- Corrosion-proof thermoplastic housing that allows the pump to operate in any type of weather and reduces the amount of noise that it makes.
- Clear housing that allows someone to see when the basket needs maintenance.
- Drain plug that allows ease of access to the pump so it can be cleaned without difficulty.
- This pump also features a double-sized seal that’s resistant to heat and entirely drip proof.
Seek Further Help If You Are Unsure
While these are the most popular and powerful choices for Hayward above ground pool pumps, there are also several other ones that are available. Some people don’t have large above ground pools and only need a pump that can circulate a small amount of water because there isn’t much in the pool to begin with. If you are unsure of which size pump you need for your pool, find out how much water it contains and take this information to a pool store near you. The employees of the store will be able to help you pick out the pump that you need so you don’t spend too much money on a powerful pump when you don’t even need it.
Nobody wants to constantly clean algae and debris out of their pool manually because this is a task that can take up a lot of time. Also, no matter how hard someone tries to keep up with the debris in their pool, they will not be able to remove microscopic bacteria that are responsible for causing algae to grow. This is why it’s so important to ensure that you have a quality Hayward pool pump above ground to remove bacteria and debris that can cause problems for the water and the people who want to swim in the pool. Take advantage of high-quality pumps so your pool is always clean and ready for a refreshing swim.
Hayward Above Ground Pool Pumps – Price Comparison
Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX
Hayward SP1580X15TL Power-Flo LX Twist Lock
Hayward SP15932S Power-Flo Matrix